1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Most definitely hot cocoa!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa is only responsible for one gift for each person in our house and "he" typically wraps those in some fun "Santa" type of paper. (different than all of the other presents) However, if the gift is too large or awkwardly shaped; Santa doesn't have "skills" so "he" simply puts a large bow on the object. ; )
3. Colored light on house/tree or white? We like the white lights-especially with garland
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not usually; but that doesn't keep us from stopping under other people's mistletoe!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year was a bit delayed due to illness.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmmm...do homemade rolls count?
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My sister and I would sometimes sleep in our sleeping bags under the Christmas tree. We always got a real tree. The combination of the glowing lights and fresh pine smell was the best.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When a friend of the family dressed up like Santa and delivered our gifts one year on Christmas day...at first I think I bought it...and then I realized it was him.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always read the Christmas Story from the book of Matthew and then got to each open one gift from the small pile that accumulated from out of town relatives who mailed us gifts.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Usually white lights. (non-blinking) We have some beautiful hand blown ornaments from Czechoslovakia in deep reds and purples; and then we add some deep green, red and silver bulbs. Angel on top. Kids ornaments are mostly toward the bottom, but spread throughout.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? LOVE it!! As long as I don't have to scrape my car and drive on black ice or on roads that are drifted half way across (grew up in MI - Lake effect snow!)
12. Can you ice skate? Yes! I love it! I used to ice skate on the pond in the woods behind my house and on my driveway when we had freezing rain (did I mention I grew up in MI???) Now we do the "indoor" rink thing with the kids occasionally. My body hurts too much to go very often from holding them up and being pulled in EVERY direction humanly possible!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A guitar. I used to strum my guitar and make up all kinds of songs!
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Christ. Always. I want the kids to know 100% that gifts have nothing to do with it; they’re a bonus. I want them to learn to give MORE of themselves and expect LESS from everyone else.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I don't know if I can pick just one. Seriously...
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I really love Christmas Eve Candlelight Services
17. What tops your Christmas tree? An angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I think it was after we had our first child that my focus completely shifted to giving...I love watching people's faces when you get them something you know that they have really wanted but didn't think that they would get.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Of the "Traditional" Christmas Songs, I would say, "Joy to the World" or "Let it Snow"
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yum in small doses - especially if all crunched up;mixed into vanilla frosting and put in-between two double chocolate cookies! (Thanks a lot Caleb! Now I'm addicted! ; ) )
21. What do you want for Christmas? Fun, memorable moments with my family & children.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes! MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) We used to go to my husband's work parties, but now they just do a daytime one with workers only...budget cuts...
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ’s? If we are going to a Candlelit Church Service we dress up...otherwise casual.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Yes
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Either just our family at home or with my husband's family (both my parents are with the Lord already so that stress factor of deciding is gone!)
Now, I get to tag five others:
If you want to join the fun; say who you were tagged by linking them to your blog and then copy and paste the above questions and tag 5 additional people then leave them a comment on their blog so they know that they have been tagged!