Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Titus 2 Tuesday - Build up Your Spouse

Photobucket

Here we are at another Titus 2 Tuesday! It is easy to join in-just answer the question below:

What have learned from another woman this week? (or ever)

This is an opportunity to honor women in your life and to share wonderful tips and lessons with all of us! We can learn so much from each other! Feel free to honor the same women more than once as you continue to learn from them and their lives!

Simply write your post including a short sentence inviting readers back here to read more Titus 2 Tuesday posts and enter your link into Mr. Linky below!

Today I am honoring my wonderful friend, Jennifer, who is so much like me at the core of who we each are that it is almost unbelievable at times!

My husband and I have had the privilege of watching some close friends of ours go through a major job change recently. He was a contract worker. His contract was set to be up. There was no chance that his current contract would be renewed. These are tough times. He went on a few job interviews. Some were promising; others not as much.


The cool thing about it to me though as we watched from the perspective of those who care, but are not directly involved, was seeing how they have been drawn close during this time of stress rather than be torn apart with worry or fear for the future. Each had moments of anxiety-some probably almost overwhelming-but they truly encouraged and supported one anther in those moments.


I watched as
Jennifer spoke life into her husband. Built him up. Answered those questions of worth and qualification born out of moments of fear and insecurity. He did not have to wonder if she would stand with him if they had to make major life changes. She allowed him the opportunity to consider the dreams of his heart. To step out in faith to begin his own consulting company.

And she prayed for him. Prayed that God would clearly open and close doors and that the doors that would close would be done in a way that would not tear down her husband. I have never witnessed doors closing more graciously and clearly.
It is not an easy thing to go through change without fear. Financial stress can easily create issues between husband and wife - especially when they have 4 children!

So,
Jennifer, I honor you today. For trusting in God and in your husband during difficult times. You have been such a wonderful example to so many!


I'm looking forward to reading all of your Titus 2 Tuesday Posts!

6 comments:

seesawfaith said...

Hi Shonda! Thanks for continuing to host T2T!

I love writing about my friends and if it's 2 or 200 bloggers posting, we need to be grateful of those that enrich our lives.

Sorry my post was short this week. I usually try to work on them a little along during the week but just had to put this little account in this week. It meant the world to me.

I have added you to my blogroll on my blog but it isn't allowing me to follow you yet. As soon as the glitch is found I will be trailing along behind ya!

Shannon

penguinsandladybugs said...

What a great post! I just found you through SITS, but I'll be back! I love this carnival idea!!

Anonymous said...

WOW...I'm pretty special here...I get the theme wrong...THEN, I called you LORI! UGH! Shanda, I don't know what's wrong with me today. OYE! Hopefully I'll do better next time! HAAAAAA

joanofalltrades said...

This is a wonderful tribute to your friend. Thanks for sharing this story and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Laura Marchant said...

What a nice way to honor your friend. It is very hard for couples to remember they are a team in a time of troubles.

Aunt Spicy said...

What a beautiful tribute to your friend! Let's see...this week I have been reminded by a friend that prayer really does work!