Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Feel Good!

There are only a handful of things that make you feel better than you do when you have just finished a great workout and then taken a nice long hot shower. Endorphins have been released, you feel like you have accomplished something, and it is truly like your body is at peace. Now I must admit (sadly) that I haven't experienced this feeling for a very, very long time. But this morning, for a reason that is still a mystery to me, my almost two year old relaxed into the jogging stroller and was completely content to watch the world go by. (Is he getting sick?)

You see normally, my morning walk/run goes something like this: I put my little one in the jogging stroller BEFORE even opening the garage door because experience has taught me that once he is outside and running free there is no way he is going to allow me to strap him in without some kind of wrestling match. Then, I open the garage door and the sound that accompanies me daily begins. "walk"..."walk"..."Walk"..."WAlk"..."WALK"..."WALK!!!"
You get the idea. It begins quietly and sweetly and by the time I reach the end of our street he is practically yelling it. I have resorted to giving him a spray bottle to spray "at will" while I try to make it up the hill and out of our neighborhood. Sometimes, I am able to get a little running in while he is distracted by his ability to spray anything and everything that he can see or reach. Combine all of that with the strike that my body seems to have gone on since the birth of my third child, and maybe you can relate to why I don't experience this feeling often.

Today was out of the norm for me. Today was a gift. Pastor Jay at our church often says the saying, "Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future, but today is a gift-that is why we call it the present." What gift is God blessing you with today? We always have the things that we take for granted until we no longer have them with ease: breathing, having good food and clean water, the ability to eat and digest food, having a home and a bed to sleep in, etc. But I believe that God has something for you today. Something that He wants to remind you of or give to you. Take a moment to ask Him what it is that He wants to reveal to your heart that is a gift from Him today.

Many Blessings!

No comments: